Thursday 14 August 2008

Mai Beth is Priceless...

After spending some time in Hong Kong Ty and I headed to Brisbane to see my brother Phan, Clara and my beautiful niece Mai. When she first saw us she was a bit hesitant but didn't take long to get over her shyness. Ty and I were so tired because we hadn't slept for about 26 hours. It is impossible to sleep on an areoplane in economy class. We had a nanna's nap and then went out for dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant that they frequent. Beth sat in a high chair and had her own menu which she read in great detail, it was so funny.

The next day Clara and I went to DFO for some retail therapy. Brisbane DFO is awesome there are so many bargains. I managed to buy 3 pairs of shoes on sale in my size, which doesn't happen very often, it's very hard to find size 5's on sale. After two and a half hours of shopping we both had some new clothes for summer and presents for Beth too. Beth had stayed home with Phan and Ty who were watching the footy, they taught her how to do the signs for "goal" and "holding the ball", which was hilarious.

We were also lucky enough to see Beth at Kindy Roo. I know I'm biased but she is so smart and adorable. Watching her play at Kind Roo I had tears in my eyes, seeing her grow up into a confident and loving girl just made me so happy. The few days I spent with Beth were some of the happiest days of my life. She would give me kisses whenever I wanted them and would spin, dance, talk and laugh constantly. I can't imagine life without her, she completes our family and every moment with her is a gift.

No comments: