Thursday 11 September 2008

Why do I blog?

My sister Clara wrote this on her blog, posing the question "Why do you blog?". I would never have thought of myself as someone who would be interested let alone enjoy having a blog. It started off as a way to keep her up to date with the happenings back in Adelaide. However as time has gone by I found myself enjoying the experience.

I blog for many reasons. It is an online diary. I would have thought it would be quite confronting sharing my thoughts with the world but it is actually liberating. It takes alot to lay yourself bare and say this is me. My blog hasn't always been personal, alot some would say is quite boring. But for me it is a way to express myself. One of my favourite blogs was the day I shared the pain of my divorce. I cried as I wrote that blog, but I have received so many kind messages from people who have read it. I'd like to think that somewhere out there a stranger in another country is reading my blog, and gaining something from reading it too.

My blog doesn't inspire people and it won't change the world. But it's a piece of me, and oneday I'll have the courage to reveal even more. I hope you've enjoyed the journey so far, and thanks for sticking around.

No comments: