Sunday 29 June 2008

Ty will never play Poker with me again...

The last week has been completely chaotic at work. Our renewal process is coming to an end and clients are ringing in wanting to pay before the 30th of June. The frustrating thing is when they haven't even sent us their renewal form but expect it to be done straight away considering the due date was 18th of May! There has been a lot of stress and I hear staff around me explaining to doctors that it might not be processed before the 30th, due to them being so late. Client services are really under the pump at the moment and I feel for them. We also have temps whose job it is just to process payments, a concept lost on them. They spend time talking and surfing the net, and because of that make too many stupid errors. We won't be using temps from that company again!

Last night Ty and I went to Ben's place to play Texas Hold Em Poker. There were 8 people in total. But they played the game quite differently to how I would. They didn't raise the blinds, and there was always a limit to how much you could raise. Whereas I have always played it where you can keeping raising the ante, hence the term No Limits Hold Em. Anyway Ty and I did quite well. But at one point Ty was bluffing which I didn't realise and I looked at his cards. I thought he was going for a straight and I assumed he thought that's what he had, but he was only bluffing. People were falling for his bluff and betting higher but I said to him "Are you sure babe?" and kept looking at him. Well that ruined it for him and they realised he was bluffing. He was not happy with me!!! It was quite funny but not for Ty! All in all it was a great night.

No comments: