Sunday 8 June 2008

We have moved in!

Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged, but things have been a bit crazy. Ty and I moved into our new place on the 16th of May. Most of the unpacking is done, but there is still the spare room to go. Ty is very happy because he now has a 52" Sony Bravia which fits in our lounge perfectly. I am loving HD which I never thought I would care about it. But the other day I was watching Foxtel and thought to myself the picture quality is crap, Phan would be so proud!

Work has been a bit slow, which drives me crazy because the days just drag. They think it will pick up next week. I worked at the Medical Careers Expo a week ago, and bumped into Jo and Bec it was great to see them. I also bumped into some people from church who I think were wanting to push their children into becoming doctors. I felt so bad for them because you could see they weren't interested in it at all.

Matt and Aisha are engaged and I've been asked to be a bridesmaid. First thing I thought was man I have to lose weight. Aisha is a stick and I will look like a whale next to her. She will make a beautiful bride, and I'm getting excited because I'm going to help her plan the wedding. The story of their proposal is so funny. They were in Queensland and Matt says to Aisha "I think we should go out to dinner to celebrate" Aisha's like "Celebrate what?" and Matt says "Celebrate if you say yes to marrying me". Thats so Matt to say it casually, but he did get down on one knee. And he went and got the ring made based on a Tiffany ring design that Aisha loved. He has done very well and the ring is beautiful.

Last night Aisha and I went to see Sex and the City. I thought it was pretty good, but the experience was ruined by a group of girls who sat near us and were very annoying. They kept talking as if they were in their lounge room at home. When the movie started they decided to applaud and wolf whistle. Aisha and I thought they were very over the top and frustrating.

Well it's the long weekend and I plan to do nothing for the rest of the time. It's nice to stay home and enjoy our new place. We are loving it. George and Keith are quickly becoming best friends and they get along really well.

No comments: