Friday 21 March 2008

Good Friday

Well it's been an extremely long time since I last posted. The ironic thing is when life gets busy I have more to write about but just don't have time to write it. So get ready for a very long post. Ty and I have been busy selling both our properties and we have bought a house together. Ty's house sold for less than we expected but my unit sold for more so it evened out in the end. We don't get to move in til May which is a longer than usual settlement but we wanted to be able to sell both our places and the people we purchased from needed time to find a place as well. There must be something in the air at my work place though because in the last month 3 of us have bought new places.

Now our days are spent being obsessed with finding boxes so we can start packing. The house is messy at the moment as we start sorting through our stuff. I plan to hold a garage sale because we just have way too much stuff and alot of it we don't want to keep. I want my kitchen dining and cutlery to match so any mismatched china is going to be sold at the garage sale.

Ty and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary and stayed at the Grand down at Glenelg last weekend. It was fantastic because we felt like we had a mini holiday. His mum got us two vouchers for Christmas so we still have another one to use. We had an all you can eat seafood buffet and both being seafood lovers we were in heaven. After that we met Aisha and Matt for some chocolate and coffee at Grace Birdle's on Jetty Road they make the best waffles there. Ty suprised me with an IPod Nano and he put a video clip of Beth on the swing which was so cool. I felt terrible because I didn't get his gift in time. But I am organising him a surprise when we move into the new place instead.

We are busy saving for Hong Kong so I have been really good and haven't bought anything for myself since Christmas, and for those who know me that is an amazing feat. I am excited also because it isn't long til my gorgeous niece is back from Brissie, and I get to give her lots of cuddles and kisses. It will also be Phan's 30th birthday as well so I am looking forward to that.

Work is starting to get busier so that's good and I am attending more Medical Student Society functions. I am getting used to the idea of presenting to 100's of people and my boss said I do a good job so that is reassuring. For those who dont' know Adelaide has had a heat wave with temperatures over 35 for 16 or more days which is insane. We finally have cooler weather and it feels so good.

Last night we went to see Guy Sebastian do a Motown Memphis concert and it was awesome. The guitarist wrote the song "Sitting on the dock of the bay" and had worked with Otis Redding he was so cool too. Ty loved the drummer and it inspired him to get on his drums and bash out a few songs I've missed him playing so that was nice. Guy as usual was the consumate performer and a little girl managed to get on stage and give him a little teddy bear wearing the Crows Jersey. We were right near the stage so we had great seats! One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Today we went to Lyna and James place for a bbq and boardgames. We played Cranium and I realised that I am extremely competitive and I'm like Monica from Friends, I get so loud and argumentative it was a bit embarrassing. We had a great time though.

Well it's Good Friday. So in the spirit of Easter I would like to take a minute to think of things in my life that I am thankful for. I am thankful that Clara is so tech savy so that I am constantly updated with great photos of my favourite niece. I am thankful for Ty the most amazing boyfriend a girl could want. Someone who will never let me down and who I will love forever. And I am thankful for my family and friends without them life would not be the same.

1 comment:

Clara said...

Yay!!!! You finally blogged! Although, most of it I already knew... :)... But your last paragraph was so sweet... I am thankful to have you around to read and leave comments on my blog... :)