Thursday 24 April 2008

Coming soon... Oriental Blossom

I have been doing alot of soul searching lately. And I think I am going through a mid mid-life crisis. To be honest I am not happy in my job and I need a new challenge. So I have decided to enter the retail industry as a side job. Therefore I give you the beginnings of Oriental Blossom, the beginnings of my venture into the online shopping boom. This is only a start but keep your eyes peeled. I am hoping this will give me a stepping stone into one day owning my own shop.

I am a true believer in doing what you love. My whole life I have worked in jobs where I have done it just to pay the bills. And while I know most people do that, I don't want to be one of them. I have been through too much in my life to keep wasting it. I want to be happy and fulfilled. Therefore I will be joining a government funded group that help people start their own business. I know I am taking a huge risk but I am not worried I feel I need to do this to end any doubts. I feel I was always meant to have this shop and if it doesn't work out I won't have any regrets because I know at least I tried.

All the most succesful people in the world started at the bottom and were told they wouldn't make it. But they took that risk and that is what makes them successful. Oprah was told that if she didn't change her name she would never be successful she ignored the doubters. And she is now one of the most successful business women in the world. I am no Oprah but in some small way I hope to live my dream and I hope you will follow me on this journey. I will keep you posted. Watch this space.

No comments: